Plan Your Visit
We look forward to seeing you at the Museum! Consult this guide to prepare for your visit.
Learn about preventive measures put in place by the Museum against COVID-19.
Please do not visit the Museum if you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19.
Use the online ticketing system to purchase admission to the Museum and select the date and time of your visit.
If you are a Museum Member, if you are a Museum Member, you also have to use the online ticketing system to book the date and the time of your visit.
Have your headphones and cell phone ready
Have your headphones ready and charge your cell phone battery!
- Content for the exhibitions Wearing Our Identity – The First Peoples Collection, Christian Dior and Chapleau, Profession: Cartoonist is now available on our new microsite for mobile devices. Access the link through your cell phone or tablet: expositions.musee-mccord.qc.ca
- The password will be provided when you arrive at the Museum.
- This new platform gives you access to multimedia content that was previously available on shared devices in the exhibition hall.
Make sure you can read the QR codes with your mobile device.
They’re a practical tool for an optimal experience.
- iPhone? Normally, your cell phone is already configured to read them with your camera.
Android? If your cell phone isn’t already configured, you can download one of the following applications: Kaspersky, NeoReader, Barcode Reader
- Do a test to be sure!
Be sure you arrive at the time indicated on your ticket. The Museum cannot guarantee access to latecomers.
For everyone’s safety, please follow these instructions:
- Wash your hands at the sanitation stations located at the entrance and exit of the Museum as well as the entrances and exits of the exhibition halls.
- Keep two metres away from other visitors and Museum staff at all times.
- Wear a face covering (mandatory for adults and children 10 years old and up).
Face coverings are recommended for children ages 2 to 9. They are not recommended for children under 2 years old.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Follow traffic directions.
Traffic directions in the Museum
- Follow the directions on the floor and posted on the walls.
- It is recommended that you take the elevator to go up and the stairs to go down.
Taking the stairs to go up is not prohibited. However, please follow the direction of traffic indicated on the floor to avoid proximity to others. Give priority to those already moving.
Visitors with reduced mobility and those with young children may use the elevator to go up or down.
- Unless told otherwise, start your visit to the Museum with the Christian Dior exhibition and continue your journey by going through the other exhibitions you wish to discover.
Exhibitions and Services in the Museum
- Level 3: There Once Was a Song / Washrooms
- Level 2: Christian Dior / Chapleau, Profession: Cartoonist / Washrooms
- Level 1: Wearing Our Identity / Boutique / Admission / Cloakroom
- Level V: Exit / Washrooms
Traffic directions in the exhibition hall
- There is no pre-established route in the exhibition halls.
However, you must keep two metres away from other visitors and Museum staff.
- You must complete the visit to leave the hall. Turning back is prohibited.
- Access exhibition content through your cell phone!
The microsite in three easy steps
- Click on the link expositions.musee-mccord.qc.ca and enter the password.
The password is displayed at the Admission Desk, the Boutique and at the entrances to the exhibitions concerned.
- Choose your language preference, and click on the exhibition you are visiting.
- Put on your headphones and locate the numbers displayed in the exhibition to find your way around the microsite.
You’re all set!
Beyond the microsite, our cultural mediators are available to answer your questions about the exhibitions. Don’t hesitate to speak with them!
- The Museum Boutique will be open but will accommodate only 10 people at a time.
We ask that you avoid handling the items.
- A self-service and unsecured cloakroom is available to visitors.
Visitors may also keep their coats to explore the museum and its exhibitions.
- The Café Bistro remains closed temporarily.
Snacks will be sold at the Boutique.
- Help us improve the Museum experience by completing our survey, and you could win a Member +1 card valued at $75. Complete the survey
The card allows you to visit the Museum for one year and invite a person of your choice each time.
- Did you take any pictures while you were at the Museum?
Share your best moments on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. #McCordMuseum @museemccord
- You can also share your comments on Google or Tripadvisor!
Not to be missed!
Online Admission Desk
You can now purchase tickets to visit the Museum at the time of your choice!Buy your tickets
The Museum staff is ready to offer a safe, pleasant, entertaining experience to all Montrealers!Learn more
Members benefit from unlimited free access to the McCord exhibitions, activities, and many more privileges.Become a Member now