About the Museum
Visiting Users and Contributing Users of “Keys to History – My McCord” (collectively “Users”)
By accessing this Website users agree that:
- “Keys to History – My McCord” is for use by the public and shall not be used for any commercial purposes;
- “Keys to History – My McCord” shall not be used for any illegal or unauthorized purposes.
- International Users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content; Users shall not modify, adapt or hack into “Keys to History – My McCord” or modify any other website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with “Keys to History – My McCord”;
- “Keys to History – My McCord” shall not be used to transmit any viruses and/or any code of a destructive nature;
Users with Registered Accounts on “Keys to History – My McCord” (“Contributing Users”)
Contributing Users agree that:
- Contributing Users are responsible for keeping their password secure and are also responsible for any and all activity that occurs in connection with their user profile or account;
- Contributing Users are responsible for any information, data, text, photos, audio, video and/or any other material (“User Content”) they choose to submit, post and/or publish on the Website;
- and Contributing Users must not submit, post and/or publish any User Content that, in the sole opinion of the Museum, could be considered by it to be libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, threatening, invasive, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable, or that would constitute and/or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party, including any party’s intellectual property rights, or that would subject the Museum or its partners to any possible liability or violate any law;
- Contributions must be in accordance with the Copyright Notice.
Use of “Keys to History – My McCord” by children
At all times, children 12 years of age or younger must use “Keys to History – My McCord” under the supervision of a parent, guardian or teacher who, in turn, is responsible for any User Content that they submit, post and/or publish.
The Museum also reserves the right to provide the IP address and/or other identifying information of Contributing Users to law enforcement in circumstances determined by the Museum to be necessary.
Modification, suspension or termination of Contributing Users’ accounts or “Keys to History – My McCord”
The Museum reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate a Contributing User’s account, or “Keys to History – My McCord” as a whole, at any time for any or no reason without notice in its sole, absolute and unrestricted discretion. In certain situations, the Museum may also require Contributing Users to change their login username, password and/or other account details.
Warranty, disclaimer, limitation of liability
The McCord Museum denies all responsibility for the way(s) in which users use this site. Moreover, the Museum is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of information provided by sources external to the Museum.
The McCord Museum is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information contained in Folders created by the general public, nor does the McCord Museum necessarily endorse or recommend the information contained within. The contents are displayed in the language of the web tour in which they were created, regardless of the linguistic interface chosen by the viewer.
Internet software or computer viruses
Due to technical difficulties with the Internet, Internet software or transmission problems could produce inaccurate or incomplete copies of information contained on the Website. Computer viruses or other destructive programs may also be inadvertently downloaded from the Website.
The Museum shall not be responsible or liable for any software, computer viruses or other destructive, harmful or disruptive files or programs that may infect or otherwise impact your use of your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing on the Website or your downloading of any content from this Website. The Museum recommends that you install appropriate anti-virus or other protective software.
*The legal terms of this text were found on ” Collection X” , produced by the Art Gallery of Ontario.