Plan Your Visit
Measures to ensure everyone’s safety
Our team has been working for weeks to rethink our programming and access to the Museum and its facilities, in order to provide a safe and pleasant visitor experience. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Museum.
In accordance with the recommendations issued by the CNESST (Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité au travail), the McCord Museum has implemented the following measures to ensure the safety of visitors and employees.
- We strongly recommend you reserve your visit to the Museum by purchasing tickets online.
- A limited number of visitors are being admitted at the same time to ensure that the required distancing is maintained.
In addition, visitors must follow the designated one-way route through the galleries.
- Plexiglas barriers have been installed at the Admission Desk and in the Boutique.
- Hand sanitizing is mandatory at Museum entrances and exits. Disinfecting stations are also available at the entrances and exits of exhibition halls.
- Face coverings are mandatory for employees who work with the public, and for visitors.
- Public spaces, common surfaces and electronic equipment are now cleaned more frequently.
- To avoid contact with electronic devices in the exhibition halls, visitors can use their cell phones to access a microsite containing all the information and images previously accessible on touch screens.
- Employees at the Admission Desk and Boutique, as well as mediators, have received training to familiarize themselves with protective measures so they can better guide visitors.
Planning a visit to the Museum? Consult our Visitor’s Guide.