Collections and Research
Photographic Services and Copyright
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MUSEUM IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED.
For this reason, all photo orders are presently on hold until further notice. We invite you to visit this page to find out about developments in the Museum, and to stay in touch on social networks.
The McCord Museum has over 122,000 digital images of artefacts from its collections. These images can be ordered online and used in a publication, exhibition, school work, family tree, movie, etc.
In addition to the reproduction fee, usage fees may be charged, depending on intended use of the photographic material.
How to order photographic reproductions
At any time while visiting the site you can add images to your Cart or select images and add them to your Image Selection. You may then use your cart or your selection to order photographic reproductions.
- To order a reproduction on-line, you must have a “My McCord” account.
- NO ORDER will be sent without your final approval.
Our on-line database contains images that belong to other Canadian museums. You can order only reproductions of images in the McCord Museum collection.
- THERE ARE NO ON-LINE MONETARY TRANSACTIONS. Instead, Museum staff will contact you directly to confirm and process your order.
- All sales are final
How to place an on-line order in 5 easy steps.
1. Image Selection:
- Do a search in our web database.
- Click on the “Add to Cart” icon or the “Display My Image Selection” icon.
2. Verify your selection:
- Check your image selection.
- Remove from your cart or your selection the images you do not wish to purchase.
- Click on “Next step: Calculate Image Prices”.
3. Use of Images and Order Handling:
- Indicate how you plan to use the photographic reproductions by clicking on the appropriate box.
- Choose the Shipping Option by clicking on the appropriate box.
- Choose the Service Option by clicking on the appropriate box.
- Click on “Next step: Enter Billing Address”.
4. Customer Information:
- Fill in the form, indicating the Billing Address for the order. Mandatory fields are indicated by an asterisk (*).
- If the Delivery Address is the same, please check the appropriate box.
- Click on “Next step: Confirm Order”.
5. Complete Your Order:
- Verify the information in your order and correct if necessary.
- Click on “Send Order”.
- If your order was successfully transmitted, a message confirming the reference number will be displayed. Keep a copy of this number for future reference.
- You will receive by e-mail an automated message confirming the details and reference number of your order.
Search the collections
Not to be missed!