Plan your visit
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
You have a question? We invite you to read our answers to the questions frequently asked by our visitors regarding booking and admision fees, access and opening hours, visits, and services available to visitors.
Are you planning a group visit? Please visit the page Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): groups for more information.
Booking and Admission Fees
1. How much does it cost to get into the Museum?
You will find the McCord Museum’s admission fees here.
2. Where can I buy tickets? Are reservations required?
You must reserve your visit to the Museum by purchasing tickets online (mandatory).
- Online booking
You can buy your tickets online here.
Present your ticket at the Admission desk in the main lobby.
3. Do I have to print the tickets I buy online?
No, when you buy tickets online, you can print them or present the electronic version on your mobile device.
4. How can I pay?
We accept payment by cash, Canadian debit card (Interac), and Visa and Mastercard credit card, including UnionPay.
5. Do I need a ticket if I qualify for free admission?
Yes, to help us provide you with a safe visitor experience, you must reserve your visit to the Museum.
Reserve your ticket online here.
For questions concerning the Admission Desk, please contact our team:
- 514 861-6701, ext. 1234
6. What’s your cancellation policy?
You can get a refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the planned date. Warning: Tickets for some special events, like After Hours at the McCord, are not refundable. Please read the terms of sale when buying or booking.
7. Does the price include taxes?
Yes, all admission fees include taxes.
8. Are there busy times at the Museum?
Yes, the Museum is busiest on weekends and Wednesday evenings.
Getting Here and Hours
9. How do I get to the Museum?
The McCord Museum is in downtown Montreal, across from McGill University. It’s accessible via McGill metro station (green line) or the 24 bus on Sherbrooke Street. The group entrance is at 2175 Victoria Street (west side of the Museum).
Find more information on our Location and Directions page.
10. What are the Museum’s hours?
You will find the McCord Museum’s opening hours here.
11. Is the Museum open on holidays?
Yes, the McCord Museum is open on holidays, except December 25 and January 1.
12. When are the free Sundays?
Admission to the McCord Museum is free to Quebeckers with proof of residency the first Sunday of every month. Reservations required, reserve your ticket online here.
13. Is there parking nearby?
Yes, there are commercial parking lots nearby:
- 2001 McGill College Avenue, Place Mercantile (entrance on Victoria)
- 2020 University Avenue (entrance on President Kennedy)
- 1981 McGill College Avenue (entrance on President Kennedy)
Find more information on our Location and Directions page.
14. Is there a reserved entrance for people with disabilities?
Yes, the Museum has reserved access for people with disabilities. It’s at 2175 Victoria Street (west side of the Museum). Three wheelchairs are available free of charge to visitors, without reservations.
15. Is the Museum stroller accessible?
Yes, the Museum is accessible to people with strollers. Please use the entrance at 2175 Victoria Street (west side of the Museum).
16. Are pets allowed into the Museum?
No, pets are not allowed at the McCord. But assistance or guide dogs for people with visual impairments, hearing impairments or reduced mobility are allowed. We reserve the right to ask for proof that it is an assistance or service dog.
Information About Visits
17. What family activities do you offer?
The Museum offers all sorts. For an overview, see activities for families.
18. Are there tours designed for children?
Yes, there are tours that are adapted so they’re more fun for small children:
- Different tours are suggested depending on the exhibitions that are on, in order to help you arrange your visit for the time you have available, your interests and the season.
- The Adventure at the Museum backpack contains a discovery guide and a series of collectible exploration cards promising young adventurers a memorable visit!
- Some temporary exhibitions are also designed for children.
19. What should I do if my child wanders off in the Museum or if we become separated?
Security guards wearing ID badges are stationed throughout the Museum. A lost child can ask any of them for help. Any child found will immediately be taken under the wing of the guard, who will follow the procedure to find the adult they were with. Similarly, you may ask a security guard if you lose track of your child.
20. How long should I allow for a visit?
The length of a visit depends on the person and the exhibition chosen. We recommend that you plan to spend between one and two hours.
21. Does the Museum offer guided tours?
Yes, the Museum’s Education Programs offer guided tours for all current exhibitions, in English and French. To find out the hours, go to the page for the exhibition you’re interested in.
22. Do you have audio guides? If so, in what languages?
Yes, English and French audio guides are available for some exhibitions. Ask for more details at the Admission desk.
23. Can I take pictures in the Museum?
Yes, you can use a camera without flash or a videocam at the McCord Museum.
24. Does the Museum have a coat check?
Yes, the Museum has a free cloakroom with lockable lockers.
25. Is there a room where I can change or nurse my baby?
Yes, there are changing tables in the men’s and women’s washrooms on Level V (ground floor). There’s no place set aside for nursing at the Museum.
27. Is smoking allowed in the Museum?
No, there’s absolutely no smoking allowed anywhere in the Museum.
28. Is there free WiFi at the Museum?
Yes, public wireless Internet access is free inside the Museum.
29. Is the Museum air-conditioned?
Yes, all the Museum’s rooms are air-conditioned.
30. How can I get Museum news by e-mail?
Sign up for our e-mail newsletter.
Not to be missed!
Be an insider
Subscribe to our mailing list, and be the first to know about our exhibitions and activities.Subscribe now
Open from Tuesday to Friday! Reservation: 514-861-6701 ext. 1306Consult the menu