Become A Museum Member
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) : Members
Are you a Member of the McCord Museum? Would you like to become one? Do you have questions about membership? Below you’ll find answers to frequently asked questions about membership categories, benefits and renewal procedures.
If you have questions about your visit to the Museum, you will also find answers to frequently asked questions. Here you’ll see information about access to the Museum, opening hours, tours and services for visitors.
1. How can I become a Member?
You can purchase a membership:
- Online: Subscribe
- By phone: 514-861-6701, ext. 1202
- In person at the Admission Desk or at the Museum Boutique with the help of one of our staff members
2. What are the different memberships available?
- Adult Membership: unlimited access to the Museum for one person during the selected period (1 or 2 years)
- Young McCord Membership: unlimited access to the Museum for one young person (18-40 years of age) during the selected period (1 or 2 years)
- Duo/Family Membership: unlimited access to the Museum for members of the same household (two adults and four children 18 years of age or younger) during the selected period (1 or 2 years)
- Senior Membership: unlimited access to the Museum for one person 65 years of age or over during the selected period (1 or 2 years)
- Member +1 Membership: unlimited access to the Museum for the cardholder and one additional person during the selected period (1 or 2 years)
3. Why membership options have changed?
In order to serve you better and avoid confusion, we have reduced the number of our membership categories.
If your membership no longer exits, your category and related benefits will be honoured until the expiration date. Upon renewal, you will be prompted to change to an existing category. You may contact us for assistance in choosing the membership that best meets your needs.
4. What are the benefits of becoming a Member?
Discover all the advantages you’ll have at the Museum and with our partners here.
5. What payment methods do you accept for the membership?
- Pay online or by phone using a credit card
- Pay in person at the Museum by credit card, cash or cheque
6. What is the special discount offered on the day I purchase my membership?
When you buy your membership in person at the Admission Desk or the Museum Boutique, you receive a special 20% discount, valid only that day, on all purchases at the Boutique.
7. When will I receive my card?
You’ll receive your card in the mail within two to four weeks.
8. Can I visit the Museum before I receive my card?
Yes, you can visit the Museum by showing your proof of payment at the Admission Desk.
9. Do I have to show my card every time I visit?
We recommend that you bring your card for each visit to speed up access to the Museum.
However, you can still enter the Museum by providing your name and address to the Admission Desk.
10. For how long is my card valid?
Your card may be valid for one or two years, depending on the Membership selected. The expiry date is indicated on your card.
11. I’ve lost my membership card. What should I do?
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 514-861-6701, ext. 1202, and we’ll send you a new card by mail.
12. How do I renew my membership online?
You can renew your membership online here.
13. Can I give a membership as a gift?
Yes, you can offer a membership as a gift. Contact us by phone at 514-861-6701, ext. 1202, and we’ll be pleased to help you.
14. Does the membership card offer discounts for the Member’s guests?
The membership card is issued in the Member’s name. Only the Member can take advantage of the discounts and privileges offered.
15. How can I let other people benefit from my membership?
There are several options for enabling others to benefit from your membership:
- The Member +1 Membership allows Members to come to the Museum at any time with a guest of their choice
- The Duo/Family Membership allows a couple (two adults) or family members (two adults and four children) living at the same address to each receive a Membership card
16. How do I add the names of people linked to my membership during an online transaction?
You can provide them by email at email@example.com or by phone at 514-861-6701, ext. 1202.
17. Can I change my current membership?
You can change your membership category at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 514-861-6701, ext. 1202. Fees may apply if there is a difference in rates.
18. Can my child visit the Museum alone?
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult or a person over 16 years of age.
19. Do I have to wait in line at the Admission Desk if I’m a Member?
You can take advantage of express admission on busy days when circumstances permit.
20. What is Members’ Day?
Members’ Day allows Members to visit a new exhibition before the official opening for the general public. Members are also offered exclusive tours with the exhibition’s artists, curators or conservators on this day.
21. How can I take part in exclusive Members’ Day tours?
Each Member will receive an invitation to register for the exclusive tours. Places are limited and reservations are required.
22. What is the Day Camp discount?
Museum Members receive a 20% discount on McCord Museum Day Camp rates.
23. Are the McCord Museum and the Fashion Museum the same institution?
The McCord Museum and the Fashion Museum merged in 2017. As the Fashion Museum building no longer exists, we showcase its rich collection when developing our fashion-themed exhibitions.
24. What is the new museum project?
Announced in April 2019, the new museum project is an initiative to bring together the collections of three institutions under one roof: the McCord Museum, the Stewart Museum and the Fashion Museum. This new establishment, located downtown, will provide Montreal with a major new social history museum, a city museum with a historical collection that is unique in the country and one of the largest in North America.
25. Can I get a refund for my membership?
You can obtain a refund for your membership under certain conditions. Contact us by phone at 514-861-6701, ext. 1202.
Do you have any other questions about our membership?
Contact Member Services now:
- By phone at 514-861-6701, ext. 1202
- By email at email@example.com