Film Screenings and Round Table Discussion
Friday, March 29, 2019, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Film screenings by FIFEQ
The Festival International du Film Ethnographique du Québec (FIFEQ) is at the McCord Museum for an evening in relation to the theme, Addressing the fragility of Indigenous languages and their revitalization in Quebec and Canada.
FIFEQ is an inter-university festival organized by Concordia, UdeM and Mcgill. It aims to make ethnographic films more accessible to a wider audience. All screenings are free!
Films on the Program
- WAMIN, Katherine Nequado, 2018, 2 minutes
- KA USSI TSHISHKUTAMAHUHT, Rachel, Béatrice and Gisèle Mark, 2018, 4 minutes
- QUILLIQTU, Kevin Tikivik, 2018, 5 minutes
- Ceux qui viendront, l’entendront, Simon Plouffe, 2018, 76 minutes
Films are presented in original version, with English subtitles.
Round Table Discussion
The screenings will be followed by a round table discussion in relation to the topic: “Aboriginal languages, precariousness and revitalization in Quebec and Canada”, hosted in both English and French by Nadine Saint-Louis, founder and director of Productions Feux Sacrés.
- Odile Joannette, Executive Director, Wapikoni Mobile
- Kevin Tikivik, director of QUILLIQTU, 2018 (Wapikoni Mobile)
- Simon Plouffe, director of Ceux qui viendront, l’entendront, 2018
- Jani Bellefleur Kaltush, intellectual mediator at Exeko, and multidisciplinary artist
- Eddy Malenfant, Aboriginal producer and director
Free activity, no reservation. Limited number of seats.
Location: J. Armand Bombardier Theatre at the McCord Museum
Member privilege: Reserve your seat! (Limited number of seats available for reservation)
Museum Members can make reservations for activities. They also have unlimited free access to the McCord Museum, Stewart Museum, and a host of other privileges. Become a Member today!
Not to be missed!
Members benefit from unlimited free access to the McCord and Stewart exhibitions, and many more privileges.Become a Member now
Be an insider
Subscribe to our mailing list, and be the first to know about our exhibitions and activities.Subscribe now