90-minute outdoor guided tours
July and August, 2021
Discover Montreal’s history during a 90-minute walk through one of two iconic downtown neighborhoods: the Golden Square Mile and Milton Park. These outdoor guided tours are offered on alternating Saturdays from July 3 to August 28, 2021.
Golden Square Mile
The Prestigious Golden Square Mile: Yesterday and Today Tour
Explore a neighbourhood rich in change with the help of a Museum mediator.
This guided tour takes you to the Golden Square Mile, an area that’s been synonymous with luxury and prestige since the 19th century. Grand houses, grand department stores, university buildings and luxury hotels have succeeded one another in this quadrilateral bordered by René-Lévesque Boulevard to the south, Robert-Bourassa Boulevard to the east, Mount Royal to the north and Guy Street to the west.
- In English: Saturdays, July 3, 31 and August 14 and 28 at 1:30 p.m.
- In French: Saturdays, July 3 and 17, 31 and August 14, 28 at 10:30 a.m. and Saturday, July 17 at 1:30 p.m.
Milton Park: Iconic McGill University Neighbourhood Tour
Explore the charming Milton Park neighbourhood under the guidance of a Museum cultural mediator. Montrealers often call the area the “McGill Ghetto” because so many students from the renowned university live there. Milton Park features an architectural ensemble unique to Montreal of large 19th-century family homes.
This charming district was almost razed in the 1970s to make way for high-rise residential buildings. Fortunately, a public outcry was able to save this exceptional area in the city. During the tour, you’ll discover the architectural heritage, citizens’ demands and evolution of the neighbourhood.
- In English: Saturdays, July 10 and 24 and August 7 at 1:30 p.m.
- In French: Saturdays, July 10 and 24 and August 7 and 21 at 10:30 a.m. and Saturday, August 21 at 1:30 p.m.
Fees & Registration
Historical Tours only
- Adult: $25
- Senior (65+): $23
- Child (6-17 years): $13
- Family: $62
- Museum Member: $9.50
Combination of Historical Tours and Museum access
- Adult: $35
- Senior: $31.50
- Child 13-17: $20.50
- Child (12 and under): $14
- Family: $88.50
- Museum Member: $9.50
Taxes included. No refunds.
CAA/Accès MTL discount applicable on the Historical Tours package.
Safety measures for everyone
- In the yellow zone, masks are not required during outdoor activities when a minimum distance of two metres is maintained between participants from different households. If you experience any doubt or discomfort, we recommend using a mask to people aged 10 and over.
- The cultural mediator will maintain social distancing in accordance with workplace safety (CNESST) rules.
- Please do not visit the Museum if you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19.
Not to be missed!
Make the most of summer by exploring Montreal differently through our outdoor activities!Learn more
Be an insider
Subscribe to our mailing list, and be the first to know about our exhibitions and activities.Subscribe now