After Hours at the McCord
Thursday, November 23 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
After Hours at the McCord – Montreal’s Many Facets
After Hours at the McCord
After Hours at the McCord, presented by National Bank, celebrates the many faces of Montreal, from its love of fine dining to its historic red-light district. To mark the city’s 375th anniversary, enjoy a delightful evening combining poetry, technology, flavours, creativity and more, brought to you by Montreal artists and creators.
Exclusive guided tours: experience the new participatory exhibition, The Topsy-turvy Storyland, along with the updated permanent exhibition Wearing Our Identity – The First Peoples Collection.
There are also lots of surprises in store, as well as a chance to win a grand prize inspired by the 1,000 faces of Montreal!
FREE FOR MUSEUM MEMBERS!
Reserve your place (Presentation of the Member Card). Drink not included.
$16 in advance / $20 on site. Ticket non-refundable. Drink not included.
Not a Young McCord Member yet? Wait no longer!
SPECIAL PRICE $24: BECOME A MEMBER OF THE MUSEUM AND GET A FREE DRINK (beer or cocktail)!
Applicable for the first 100 new members. Offer non-cumulative with other current promotions.
Join the event on Facebook to be kept in the loop and get all the details first!
On the program:
- Flavours from many cultures: experience a fun, multi-ethnic tour of world cuisines with Food Trip To! On the menu: blind food tastings of traditional flavours from around the globe that reflect Montreal’s cultural diversity and an exclusive introduction to the destination Montreal food box!
- Homegrown honey: taste local honey from the Alvéole hives buzzing in Montreal neighbourhoods and learn more about urban beekeeping.
- Urban farming: find out how to grow vegetables, fruit, herbs, medicinal plants and edible flowers in the city with MicroHabitat.
- Get in touch with your inner artist as you colour Montreal-themed exclusive posters designed by Bref with Montreal illustrators. When you’re finished, wrap up your unique work of art and take it home!
- Move to the beat of music DJed by Montreal Synthpop group Gold Zebra, who composed the soundtrack for Jean-François Lesage’s feature documentary about Montreal, Un amour d’été (A Summer Love).
- Virtual reality: take the controls of Google’s 3D VR painting app Tilt Brush to invent your own Montreal, thanks to the Phi Centre.
- GIF booth: dive into a unique visual experience at National Bank‘s booth and get a memorable portrait featuring a colourful background.
- Experience the ambience of the city’s legendary red-light district. Take in an exclusive performance featuring the many charms of The Lady Josephine. + Discover the art of striptease with Arabesque Burlesque (accessories provided).
- Enter a world of off-the-wall urban tales with the intimate monologues of Foirée montréalaise.
- Immersive poetry: have a seat in our pop-up listening room and enjoy René Lapierre’s PoésieGo! project, a poetic, urbane look at Montreal presented by the Montreal Poetry Festival and Magnéto.
- Montreal is an island: stroll the banks of the St. Lawrence River thanks to the sounds and words of the Projet Archipel and meet the Montreal artists who created this electro-acoustic documentary web project.
- Images of Montreal: revisit Montreal’s history, key figures, iconic landmarks and ordinary citizens as you view this documentary-poem-essay produced by the NFB.
+ Watch the movie with its sound track from now on here.
Food and drink: enjoy delectable local dishes created by Maurin Cuisine, themed cocktails from Invasion Cocktail, organic beers from Boldwin brewed in Boucherville, and natural wines from Le vin dans les voiles.
Grand prize inspired by Montreal: gourmet package including a Food Trip To box, an Alvéole gift basket and four tickets for a Montreal culinary adventure with ‘Round Table Tours, four tickets for the Secret Montréal walking tours, Montréal Burlesque and Ghosts of the Red Light District, an unlimited pass “à la carte” from Arabesque Burlesque, and much more!
EXCLUSIVE GUIDED TOURS – THIS EVENING ONLY
The Topsy Turvy Storyland
Rediscover your inner child as you tour a storyland full of toys that used to belong to young Montrealers.
Wearing Our Identity – The First Peoples Collection
Learn about the Aboriginal peoples who contributed to the founding and development of Montreal.
Not to be missed!
Members benefit from unlimited free access to the McCord and Stewart exhibitions, and many more privileges.Become a Member now
Be an insider
Subscribe to our mailing list, and be the first to know about our exhibitions and activities.Subscribe now