After Hours at the McCord
Thursday, September 22, at 5:00 p.m.
AFTER HOURS AT THE MCCORD – MONTREAL IS FASHION
This fall After Hours at the McCord, presented by National Bank in collaboration with the Montréal Fashion Bureau, is decoding all the trends of the new season. Fashion lovers, mark your calendars; it will be THE fashion event of September!
What awaits you? Haute-couture, iconic Italian designs, and a heavy dose of glamour! Not to mention beading, embroidery, lace, leatherwork… Through live creations and style workshops you will discover the true meaning of craftsmanship and bespoke tailoring! Professional stylists will be on site with lots of practical tips on this season’s trends! And we have a few surprises up our sleeves, plus several fashion gifts to give away…
It is also your last chance to visit our major exhibition Eleganza: Italian Fashion from 1945 to Today, presented until September 25!
ON THE EVENING’S PROGRAM:
- See a couture dress created spontaneously on a live model by the artist Elisa C-Rossow, who will create a unique fabric sculpture
- Dive into the creative and technical process of bespoke tailoring and discover sumptuous, unique pieces by Maison Bespokenov. Watch premiere screenings of new films, including one from Arsenal!
- Strike a pose for a fashion sketch by the designer Luciano Chu Jannière and leave with a work of art inspired by your look.
- Indie rock, disco house and pop ambience by DJ Nicolas Devan!
- Learn about leatherwork, step-by-step, and create you own leather keychain with Annick Lévesque.
- Personalize a piece of clothing (provided by Le Château) or participate in a collective work of art at La Fabrique éthique’s embroidery and beading station.
- Learn how to style that forgotten item in your wardrobe and plan your look for the next special occasion on your calendar, thanks to Ludique’s personalized style advice.
- Admire the fur designs of the École de mode of Cégep Marie-Victorin’s Fashion Design students, who will also give sketching demonstrations.
Exclusive Guided Tours
- Visit the exhibition Eleganza: Italian Fashion from 1945 to Today through three exclusive tours! Learn more about the relationship between Hollywood and Italy and about Truman Capote’s high society Black and White Ball; discover how Milan became the capital of fashion; be inspired by Gucci, Dolce&Gabbana and Versace’s clothing and accessories.
- Visit the exhibition Wearing Our Identity. The First Peoples Collection and learn more about Native peoples’ distinctive beading techniques and knowledge of fur!
All Evening Long…
- Make-up station by Holt Renfrew
- Fashion photobooth by Elias Touil
- Fashion prize: two handbags by designer Annick Lévesque to win (value of $1,200)
- Surprises provided by National Bank!
- A set blending indie rock, disco house and pop by DJ Nicolas Devan!
- Themed bars by Invasion Cocktail, La Face Cachée de la Pomme‘s Bulle de Neige and Birra.
Tickets on advance sale at $16 on Eventbrite and $20 at the door. DRINK INCLUDED!
The cost of admission and the evening’s proceeds make possible this self-funded evening. Ticket non refundable.
Museum Members enter for free and also get one free drink. For $7 more than the advance sale ticket, become a Member and get unlimited access to exhibitions as well as After Hours events with one free drink! You will ll receive an invitation to exhibition openings and benefit from many other privileges.
Members benefit from unlimited free access to the McCord and Stewart exhibitions, and many more privileges.Become a Member now