After Hours at the McCord
Thursday, June 1, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
After Hours at the McCord – Eccentric Montreal
After Hours at the McCord
After Hours at the McCord, presented by National Bank, is hosting an evening that will immerse you in the golden age of magic. Ladies and Gentlemen, step right up! Discover our new exhibition Illusions: The Art of Magic, and see some of the most eccentric performers in town!
Celebrate the beginning of summer at the McCord. With a drink in hand that looks like a magic potion, you’ll join an atmosphere worthy of the fairground and la Belle Époque, which will extend into The Urban Forest! Prepare to be astonished by artists with extraordinary talents during an amazing evening.
FREE FOR MUSEUM MEMBERS!
RESERVE YOUR PLACE – 1 free drink! (Membership card required)
GENERAL ADMISSION – 1 DRINK INCLUDED!
Advance sale $16 / $20 at the door. Ticket non-refundable.
Not a Young McCord Member yet? Wait no longer: special rate of $25 – Offer non-cumulative with other current promotions.
Join the event on Facebook to be kept in the loop and get all the details first!
On the program:
- The Snake Charmer: Succumb to the charm of acrobat from Cirquantique, Daïna and Gomez, her fascinating reptile, in a display of flexibility.
- The Strong Man: No chain can hold him back! Tremble before the enormous power of the The Mighty Leviticus. He can beat any physical challenge.
- The Floating Woman: You’ll be captivated by artist Camille Tremblay, who almost floats on air with her talent for balancing.
- The Magician: Mentalism, disappearances and escapes – you’ll be amazed by Marc Trudel, a master in the art of magic, and his tricks that revisit the famous magician Houdini.
- The Fortune Teller: Esméralda from Cirquantique will divulge the secrets of your future… If you’re ready for them.
- The Devil’s Music: Dive into the burlesque atmosphere imagined by the Speakeasy Électro Swing collective.
- Enchanted Bars: Fall under the spell of some amazing flavours in magic potions by Le 4e mur, as well as local beers from Birra, and Smac! thirst cider.
- Capture the magic moments of your evening at National Bank photobooth
2,000$ in prizes to win on site! More information coming soon.
Novel guided tours
- Illusions: The Art of Magic
Beheaded, dismembered, pierced – discover the frightening and fascinating illusions of magic shows during the golden age of magic.
Raising the curtain on magic: Houdini and his peers: Go behind the scenes of performances by iconic magicians at the beginning of the 20th century, from Houdini to Kellar and Thurston.
- Aislin: 50 Years of Cartoons
Disillusionment through cartoons: You may see our politicians differently after browsing through some scathing cartoons! Our guide will demystify the political history of Quebec with humour.
Not to be missed!
Be an insider
Subscribe to our mailing list, and be the first to know about our exhibitions and activities.Subscribe now
Members benefit from unlimited free access to the McCord and Stewart exhibitions, and many more privileges.Become a Member now