Official launch of the 2016 Digital Spring!
March 24, 2016 , 5 P.M. TO 9 P.M.,
After Hours at the McCord CREATIVE MONTREAL
After Hours at the McCord
Advance tickets $16 on Eventbrite and $20 at the door.
Admission fees and revenues of the evening allow us to finance this self-funded event.
Free admission and one free drink for Museum Members.
For $9 more than the advance ticket, become a Member and access the Museum for free any time, attend all After Hours at the McCord and exhibition openings, and enjoy many other privileges.
ON THE PROGRAM
- Visual effects space by effects MTL, PopcornFX and Dix2
Make animated particles evolve with the help of your voice and breath.
- Virtual Reality experiences by the Phi Center
Explore an immersive cinematographic environments by Montreal creators Felix & Paul Studios
- Jedi Action Drawing 3.3 by Emmanuel Lagrange Paquet
Take part in a Jedi art duel. The interactive video installation translates your movements and projects them onto the big screen.
- Your image in a geodesic dome
Film yourself in the Montreal Digital Spring’s geodesic dome for a chance to win complimentary passes to the #effectsMTL conferences (value $900).
- Digital creation with Communautique
Inspired by Vittorio, a big fan of robots, create your own personalized specimen at the digital cutting and 3D printing workshop.
- Valérie Lamontagne’s/3lectromode
Preview showing of the new micro-collection Frankfurt Kitchen/Paper Wearables.
- Dead Horse Beats
Enjoy the sound of the famous Montreal musician and producer who has been billed alongside Kavinsky, RJD2, C2C, Lunice and Cashmere Cat, among others.
In the Exhibitions
- NFB Space
VR as you’ve rarely experienced it: walk weightlessly, dive into the heart of the First World War or climb aboard an entirely autonomous automobile.
- Novel Guided tours (length: 20 minutes)
Exclusive and novel guided tours of permanent and temporary exhibitions will be offered at specific times : Aboriginal art, from traditional to digital and five objects that changed the lives of Montrealers from the 18th century to today.
- Audio game on iPad
A game in the exhibition Montreal–Points of View. Visit the city at different periods!
On the Menu
Gifts and Souvenirs
- Sur Mesure contest organised by National Bank could allow you to win the services of a stylist from the agency Les Effrontés, including a shopping spree valued at $1,000.
- What’s more, Visit National Bank’s tables to live an exceptional moment. You only have to be in the right place at the right time to get the full experience.
- Visit the Boutique to make original finds, treat yourself or buy gifts: home decor, jewellery, local handmade products, posters and postcards.
*One free drink per person with proof of ticket purchase or your Membership card. Appetizers and gifts offered in limited quantity.
Be an insider
Subscribe to our mailing list, and be the first to know about our exhibitions and activities.Subscribe now