In the Urban Forest
Friday, June 10, 2016, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
After Hours at the McCord – MONTREAL DOLCE VITA
After Hours at the McCord
Don your mini skirt and head to Victoria Street for After Hours at the McCord, presented by National Bank, the biggest outdoor summer party after work in downtown Montreal. Enjoy the good life – Italian style! Mark your calendar and come celebrate the beginning of warm summer evenings as the solstice approaches.
Open to anyone who loves culture, music and a chic apéritif on a terrace – all part of the Urban Forest experience – a little bit of cottage life in the city.
On the program:
- Stroll through the new major exhibition: Eleganza: Italian Fashion From 1945 to Today.
- Turn on the charm like Marcello Mastroianni during a workshop on Italian flirting. Warm up during a bocce tournament.
- Get a chance to fly to beautiful Rome, home of Cinecittà Studios, or charming Calabria at the toe of the boot, thanks to a draw on site for Air Transat gift certificates. (Read the contest rules)
- Get a preview of the trip by making a stop at the Air Transat photobooth.
- Decorate your skin with temporary figurative tattoos, inspired by the Neapolitan tradition, at the tattoos bar by Phi Centre.
- Enjoy Tuscan and Venetian flavours, and sip cocktails, Bellini, Spritz and more, thanks to the bar service by Invasion Cocktail, La Face Cachée de la Pomme‘s Smac! cider and Raphaël Bistrot Bar à vins. Free bites and food service offered by Da Ponte Traiteur.
- Taste the sweets of the gelato bar presented by Air Transat.
- Gourmet gifts by Loison for the first 300 persons in, attendance prizes by Air Transat and surprises by National Bank.
- Electro swing music by Dj Don Mescal!
FOLLOW THE EVENT ON FACEBOOK and be the first to learn more about the evening!
For this event, the Museum is offering three exclusive thematic tours:
Made in Italy in Piedmont “Knitwear” circuit, at 6 p.m.
Discover the relationship between craft and fashion by focusing on Italian knitwear conception through wool articles presented in the exhibition Eleganza: Italian Fashion From 1945 to Today, such as suits, coats and sweaters.
Made in Italy in Tuscany “Leather” circuit, at 7:00 p.m.
Discover the relationship between craft and fashion, as well as the luxury of Italian leather, through the leather goods presented in the exhibition Eleganza: Italian Fashion From 1945 to Today.
“The other dolce vita: the pow-wow” at 8 p.m.
Learn more about the pow-wow, its meaning and relevance, and about the importance of the man-nature relationship through the clothes and accessories presented in the exhibition Wearing our Identity. The First Peoples Collection.
Advance tickets $16 on Eventbrite and $20 at the door. ONE DRINK INCLUDED!
Admission fees and revenues of the evening allow us to finance this self-funded event.
Free admission and one free drink for Museum Members.
For $9 more than the advance ticket, become a Member and access the Museum for free any time, attend all After Hours at the McCord and exhibition openings, and enjoy many other privileges.
If it rains on Thursday, the event will take place the next day, on Friday.
If it rains on Friday, the tickets can be transferred to After Hours at the McCord – Montreal is fashion, on Thursday, September 22 inside the McCord Museum. Ticket transferrable. No refund.
The Urban Forest
The most beautiful terrace in downtown MontrealLearn More
Be an insider
Subscribe to our mailing list, and be the first to know about our exhibitions and activities.Subscribe now